Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Still Trying to Catch Up!

I know it's a month after Christmas but I'm still trying to get into a regular habit of updating this thing. Looking back I have realized that there were two fun parties that I failed to include so here goes. The first was a "Wear a dumb Christmas sweater" party with a bunch of my girlfriends. My friend, Emily, threw the party and everyone came dressed in their gayest Christmas sweater. Seriously, nothing dates a woman more than when she's walking around in her "Beary Christmas" sweatshirt, twinkling snowman broach, light bulb earrings and antlers perched on top of her head. Bless their hearts--I know they're just happy to be feeling the Christmas spirit and all but seriously folks... Anyway, not wanting to waste money on an outfit I'd NEVER wear again, I called my elderly neighbor next door and casually asked if she happened to have a festive Christmas sweater I could borrow. Fortunately she did so I showed up--antlers and all.
Then Neal and I attended the annual Resident Christmas Party. We all had to bring a white elephant gift. Neal made a mold of his pointer finger and turned it into an attractive tree ornament. The funniest part about it is that at first glance it clearly resembles something slightly different. Neal's co-resident, Hagen, got our gift and was all too thrilled. We ended up with the Farting Santa. Our boys couldn't have been more amused!

(This is Neal's co-resident, Hagen, who's bleary eyed and drunker than a skunk. I've seriously never met a funnier drunk in all my life. It's quite entertaining actually!)


"Oh Tanenbaum, oh Tanenbaum, how lovely are your branches!"
What the heck is up with the word "tanenbaum" anyway?

(That word really needs to be done away with.)

Me with my Baby

My sweet Devy proud and can be of the gingerbread house he got for Christmas.
(More than anything Devin wished for a real gingerbread house with a real gingerbread man. Unfortunately Santa could only fit this replica in his sleigh.)

Another snowman creation by the one and only Devy. (I know--it looks really possessed.)

4 comments:

  1. love your new pictures!!! why don't you wear your hair all up in a pony tail more often? it makes you look younger and you have the face to do it. that hagen guy looks hilarious. and by the way, that song "Oh tanenbaum" is awful. it sounds vulgar, like a slang term for genitalia or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that was a way fun catch up! And I have to say I proud of the Johnny Cash music you have put on here!! Josh and I love him!!! By the by I think Neal came up with the coolest white elephant known to man.....Josh will get a kick out of that!!!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca....i thought you were going to tell me when you started up a blog!!!! Kidding! Holy Cow your kiddos are all grown up, so cute!
    SO I found your blog through my cousin...are you ready...NICK COLES is my cousin!!!! I was looking at some pics that Jeanette had posted and I was like, I know her, zoomed in and it was you!!!! Small world huh?! Tell Nick (and family) I said hi would ya?!!

    mind if I add you to my blog list, well so I can check back often?!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rebecca, this is Kara! You can find my blog at jkeeaton.blogspot.com:) I just love your layout!

    ReplyDelete