Monday, February 2, 2009

Sweet & Sassy

Olivia was recently invited to her first birthday party. The party was held at "Sweet & Sassy" which is a spa for little girls. Each girl gets receives royal treatment as they select a fancy dress, accessories, have their hair and makeup done, dance and then walk the catwalk. Okay, yes, this might seem a bit over the top (Olivia is, after all, barely 2 years old) but it was such a precious sight to behold. I cannot even tell you how much I LOVE having a baby girl-- I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOOOOOOOOVE IT!!! Of course I adore my boys too but I love being able to relate to Olivia in all the girly aspects. I don't think I could possibly count the times I squealed (literally) that night just watching Lulu get all gussied up and dance with the girls on stage. I must admit that I think she may have some of her Mama in her too. (Ah oh!) After all, Livy seemed to feel very comfortable being front and center stage. She also insisted on staying on stage the entire time and repeatedly climbed up onto the stage after her turn. Little Livy just couldn't get enough....well, until the end when it was clearly her bedtime. And, by the way, I still have yet to be pampered to this extent nor will I probably ever experience this in my life time. Figures.

Olivia realizing for the first time that beauty isn't always comfortable.



Olivia in "Hair and Makeup"



Livy trying to decide which eyeshadow palate to pick.



Livy holding still for the makeup artist.



Olivia making sure she approves of the final outcome.



Olivia attentively receives instructions for the catwalk with the other girls.



Olivia contemplates her approaching debut.



Livy anxiously awaits in the wings...



Livy strutting her stuff with confidence!



Livy striking an appropriate (and predictable) "Livy" pose.
Got to love that thumb! xoxo



Olivia refusing to stay off the stage after her turn.


Mama so proud of her baby girl!!!



Time to dance the night away!



Lulu so excited to see her Daddy. (Notice her toes!)



Clearly it's bedtime and Olivia is in no mood
for group pictures. Time to call it a night.

Olivia contemplates next year's performance...

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!! I love the picture where she is stretching up to hug neal!! cute little toes!! this looks like so much fun! what a good idea for a girlie party! i like that pic of you and olivia too. and just to add my two pence, the job of being one of those makeup artists and hair stylists for little girls would be my idea of a miserable, miserable job. i have no patience!! can you imagine doing hair all day on little girls who scream anytime you try to put an elastic in their hair because it's excruciating?!?! oh and someday becky, someday you will be pampered like that. someday you will sit in a heat vibrating leather chair with your feet in hot bubbly water and get all your callouses ripped off your feet and your toes painted. cuz after all, you deserve it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute! She is such a babe.
    Aren't girlies SO fun!!! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that officially wins the cutest post contest EVER! I have had to read it about 5 times to be able to inhale all of the enjoyment out of it. Olivia is beautiful and sooooo precious and I'm so glad you have her! And a comment on your last post--only YOU could make a tacky Christmas bear sweatshirt look hot! Love you Becky and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So So cute! I just can't wait for our little ladies to play with one another!

    ReplyDelete